Disclaimer

Disclaimer: I am not a Biblical scholar. All my posts and comments are opinions and thoughts formulated through my current understanding of the Bible. I strive to speak of things that can be validated through Biblical Scriptures, and when I'm merely speculating, I make sure to note it. My views can be flawed, and I thus welcome any constructive perspectives and criticisms!

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

081214: God's Radical Intervention

Sermon by Pastor Don Willeman

1 John 4 & 5

theme: what it means to know God

Faith does NOT equal to will power but the power of God within us.

Romans 3:11
"There is no one who understands, no one who seeks God."

Ephesians 2
"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God--not by works, so that on one can boast."

Love God for God's sake!

Confession of Faith (adapted from Romans 1:1-4)
"The Gospel is what God promised beforehand, through His holy prophets in the Hebrew Scriptures, concerning His Son, He was born of the seed of David, according to the flesh, declared the Son of God with power by the resurrection from the dead, according to the Spirit of holiness: Jesus, the Anointed King, our Lord."

No comments: