Disclaimer

Disclaimer: I am not a Biblical scholar. All my posts and comments are opinions and thoughts formulated through my current understanding of the Bible. I strive to speak of things that can be validated through Biblical Scriptures, and when I'm merely speculating, I make sure to note it. My views can be flawed, and I thus welcome any constructive perspectives and criticisms!

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Luke 6

Notes from a commentary on Luke by Dr. Chuck Missler


Jesus outlines 4 key points to happiness:
1. Faith in God
2. Honesty with ourselves
3. Love toward others
4. Obedience toward God


Jesus outlines 5 things that were proof of sowing and reaping:
1. Mercy will lead to mercy
2. Judgment will lead to judgment
3. Condemnation will lead to condemnation
4. Pardon will lead to pardon
5. Giving will lead to giving


How should one judge when one does judge?
1. Humbly
2. Prayerfully
3. Biblically
4. Lovingly
5. Mercifully


How should one offer that judgment?
1. Exemplary
2. Privately
3. Gently
4. Constructively

No comments: