Disclaimer

Disclaimer: I am not a Biblical scholar. All my posts and comments are opinions and thoughts formulated through my current understanding of the Bible. I strive to speak of things that can be validated through Biblical Scriptures, and when I'm merely speculating, I make sure to note it. My views can be flawed, and I thus welcome any constructive perspectives and criticisms!

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Hosea 9-10

God's judgment for the Northern Kingdom:


1. No more joy (Hosea 9:1)


2. The people of the Northern Kingdom would not remain in God's land but return to bondage; not to Egypt this time, but to Assyria (Hosea 9:3)


3. The people of the Northern Kingdom would no longer bear fruit


4. The people of the Northern Kingdom would be wanderers: no home, no vision


And in deed, in 722 BC, the Northern Kingdom was conquered by the Assyrians. The people of the Northern Kingdom have been wanderers ever since. [But remember, God is not done with Israel. Upon the return of Jesus, the Israelites will be restored.]

No comments: