Disclaimer

Disclaimer: I am not a Biblical scholar. All my posts and comments are opinions and thoughts formulated through my current understanding of the Bible. I strive to speak of things that can be validated through Biblical Scriptures, and when I'm merely speculating, I make sure to note it. My views can be flawed, and I thus welcome any constructive perspectives and criticisms!

Saturday, January 17, 2015

Bible study update

Thank you for your caring thoughts and prayers for the last few weeks! I am doing well -- just have been overwhelmed with work! I am extremely humbled and blessed by God that I am able to be a vehicle for His Word. It pains me to not be able to donate more time to sharing His Word!

I have not yet had the time to do additional in-depth study of Leviticus or Numbers, so I have decided to refrain from just posting my simplistic answers to the BSF study questions. I remain completely open to dialogues about these studies though! So, feel free to leave comments to stir up a discussion ;)


In the mean time, I'm trying to get back on track with my personal Bible study, through the Book of Genesis. I hope to consistently post my notes and thoughts of this study on a weekly basis!


I was reading through Matthew a few days ago and came upon the following passages that brought me great encouragement -- Hopefully, it'll do the same for you all as well:


Matthew 6:19-20

Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. 

Matthew 6:25

Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on... Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing?

It is difficult to see past the needs and wants of our flesh, but it is so, so, so critical that we fully grasp that life is far more than what we eat, what we wear, and what we have. As Christians, we ultimately have a kingdom to lead with Christ as Kings and Priests -- So, no matter the difficulty, the hardship, the sorrow, remember Paul's encouragement: 

Hebrews 12:1-2

... Let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Matthew 6:33

Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. 

God bless!


No comments: