Disclaimer

Disclaimer: I am not a Biblical scholar. All my posts and comments are opinions and thoughts formulated through my current understanding of the Bible. I strive to speak of things that can be validated through Biblical Scriptures, and when I'm merely speculating, I make sure to note it. My views can be flawed, and I thus welcome any constructive perspectives and criticisms!

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

080701: Hell

by iRobot

We covered (these are the direct verses, read the verses before and after the quoted ones to understand the context):

The Narrow Door: Luke 13:23
The Parable of the Wedding Banquet: Matthew 22

Hell is a translated word for 3 different names in the New Testament:
Gehenna: Matthew 23, 10:28, 5:22-29
Tartarus: 2 Peter 2; related is Jude 4-6
Hades: Luke 16:23 (whole story)

Abraham’s Bosom: Luke 16:23 (whole story)

No comments: