Disclaimer

Disclaimer: I am not a Biblical scholar. All my posts and comments are opinions and thoughts formulated through my current understanding of the Bible. I strive to speak of things that can be validated through Biblical Scriptures, and when I'm merely speculating, I make sure to note it. My views can be flawed, and I thus welcome any constructive perspectives and criticisms!

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

081008: The Prodigal Son

Luke 15:1-7 "Parable of the Lost Sheep"
- there is great rejoice in receiving what has been lost

Luke 15:11-32 "Parable of the Lost Son"
- Father : God
- Older Son : Christians
- Younger Son : non-Christians
- Servants : Angels

Luke 19:1-9 "Zacchaeus the Collector"
- "The Son of Man came to SEEK and to save what was lost."
1. referring back to the "Parable of the Lost Son," Jesus's role would come into play around the time when the younger son was wasting away his wealth and essentially not living "the way"; Jesus would be REACHING OUT (i.e. SEEKING) his lost soul and attempt to save it
2. this story also eludes to how Jesus saves anyone and everyone, regardless of his/her past deeds, which is more clearly stated in James 2:1-13

James 2:1-13 "Favoritism Forbidden"
- God does NOT how favoritism and neither shall man kind
- in the eyes of God, all sins are sins. period. be it murder or petty theft, once a sin has been committed, the person has sinned. and so, in the eyes of God, Christians are Christians. there are no Bad vs. Good vs. Better Christians. those who put their faith in God are Christians. period.

No comments: