Disclaimer

Disclaimer: I am not a Biblical scholar. All my posts and comments are opinions and thoughts formulated through my current understanding of the Bible. I strive to speak of things that can be validated through Biblical Scriptures, and when I'm merely speculating, I make sure to note it. My views can be flawed, and I thus welcome any constructive perspectives and criticisms!

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

090520: Genesis 19-24

Genesis 19:30-38 “Lot and His Daughters”
- His daughters slept with his father, and their descendents became enemies of Israelites.

Genesis 20 “Abraham and Abimelech”
- God honors those of good faith (e.g. Abimelech)
- Abraham continues to distrust others, and in the course, deceives them; this shows he was imperfect (i.e. Abraham was NOT flawless!!)

Genesis 21 “The Birth of Isaac”
- Shows God keeps his promises

Genesis 22 “Abraham Tested”
- Abraham may doubt others, but his faith is solid, i.e. he puts God before everything else.
- Note that his son was not a small baby but a teenager capable of thought, i.e. his son trusted his father’s decision and his father’s fear of God.
- At this point, it is becoming more and more evident that even before the Ten Commandments were established (i.e. before the Laws were established), Abraham’s actions showed that the basic laws were already being followed.

No comments: