Disclaimer

Disclaimer: I am not a Biblical scholar. All my posts and comments are opinions and thoughts formulated through my current understanding of the Bible. I strive to speak of things that can be validated through Biblical Scriptures, and when I'm merely speculating, I make sure to note it. My views can be flawed, and I thus welcome any constructive perspectives and criticisms!

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

090527: Revelation 1-3

Revelation 1-3
- 2nd coming: "Look, he is coming with the clouds..."
- 7 churches in the province of Asia were created by Paul (his mission after Christ's death)
- 3 interpretation of the letters to the 7 churches:
** "just is" messages to the churches
** 7 types of Christians
** 7 types of Churches in chronologically order
e.g.
1. Ephesus -- early Church
2. Smyrna
3. Pergamum
4. Thyatira
5. Sardis
6. Philadelphia -- the Church that leads up to the Tribulation, includes the "overcomers"
- Jesus: "Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come upon the whole world to test those who live on earth. I am coming soon... Him who overcomes I will make a pillar in the temple of my God..."
7. Laodicea -- the Church of those who are going to be left behind, includes those who are "lukewarm"
- Jesus: "Because you are lukewarm--neither hot or cold--I am about to spit you out of my mouth... You say, 'I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing. But you do not realizae that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked."

No comments: