Disclaimer

Disclaimer: I am not a Biblical scholar. All my posts and comments are opinions and thoughts formulated through my current understanding of the Bible. I strive to speak of things that can be validated through Biblical Scriptures, and when I'm merely speculating, I make sure to note it. My views can be flawed, and I thus welcome any constructive perspectives and criticisms!

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Luke: Humility or Humiliation

Luke 14:7-11


Pastor Mark Driscoll discussed Luke 14:7-11 this morning, and the main message from this passage can be summed up as, "For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted" (Luke 14:11).


We have only two paths to live. We either start out humble and have God exalt us or start out proud and be humiliated. Pastor Mark gave an example that really stuck with me: "Jesus has no problem with us sitting at high places. But the question is, did we take it by force (show of prideful sin) or was it given to us (exalted by God)?"


The whole sermon can be accessed here:
http://www.marshillchurch.org/media/luke

No comments: