Disclaimer

Disclaimer: I am not a Biblical scholar. All my posts and comments are opinions and thoughts formulated through my current understanding of the Bible. I strive to speak of things that can be validated through Biblical Scriptures, and when I'm merely speculating, I make sure to note it. My views can be flawed, and I thus welcome any constructive perspectives and criticisms!

Monday, August 13, 2012

Passion of the Gospel

The majority of my postings is to post knowledge-based notes on my personal studies of the Word of God. I do this because I believe in order for us to stand for Christ, we need to know what Christ is about. Christians need to be able to verbalize our faith in the Lord and help others understand why God is the Truth.

What doesn't come through in these posts is the PASSION for the Word of God.

The reason is simple: I want to remain focused on logically presenting the knowledge base of the Word. I do not want that to be carried away with highly emotional outbursts and run the risk of that shadowing the knowledge.

However, it is critical that we all develop the passion to LIVE OUT the knowledge of the Word. It is not enough to just KNOW. We must LIVE IT.

So, on this rare occasion where I have come across a wonderfully passionate video about the Gospel, I take the advantage of focusing not on the knowledge of the Word but the PASSION of the Word.

Check out this video by Pastor Eric Ludy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPIOkdNL-QQ&feature=pyv

It is about 10 minutes long, and I think it's worth a view.

The message may be simple (and that is the point: The Gospel message IS simple!), but feel the passion. That, I believe, should be the passion within every Christian.

No comments: