Disclaimer

Disclaimer: I am not a Biblical scholar. All my posts and comments are opinions and thoughts formulated through my current understanding of the Bible. I strive to speak of things that can be validated through Biblical Scriptures, and when I'm merely speculating, I make sure to note it. My views can be flawed, and I thus welcome any constructive perspectives and criticisms!

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

090204: Romans 10 & 11

Romans 10:10
- “For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.”

Romans 10:19-21
- “Again I ask: Did Israel not understand? First, Moses says, ‘I will make you envious by those who are not a nation; I will make you angry by a nation that has no understanding.’ And Isaiah boldly says, ‘I was found by those who did not seek me; I revealed myself to those who did not ask for me.’ But concerning Israel he says, ‘All day long I have held out my hands to a disobedient and obstinate people.’”

Romans 11:2-6 “The Remnant of Israel”
- “Don’t you know what the Scriptures says in the passage about Elijah—how he appealed to God against Israel: ‘Lord, they have killed your prophets and torn down your altars; I am the only one left, and they are trying to kill me’? And what was God’s answer to him? ‘I have reserved for myself seven thousand who have not bowed the knee to Baal.’ So too, at the present time there is a remnant chosen by grace. And if by grace, then it it no longer by works; if it were, grace would no longer be grace.

Romans 11:11-24 “Ingrafted Branched”
- “You do not support the root, but the root supports you… Do not be arrogant, but be afraid. For if God did not spare the natural branches, he will not spare you either.”

Romans 11:25-32 “All Israel Will Be Saved”
- “Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in.”
- “God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable.”
- “For God has bound all men over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.”

No comments: