Disclaimer

Disclaimer: I am not a Biblical scholar. All my posts and comments are opinions and thoughts formulated through my current understanding of the Bible. I strive to speak of things that can be validated through Biblical Scriptures, and when I'm merely speculating, I make sure to note it. My views can be flawed, and I thus welcome any constructive perspectives and criticisms!

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Perry Stone on Forgiveness and Sin


by Dan

I came across this video by Perry Stone and I think it is worthy to send out to the group. It is about forgiveness, sin and the scapegoat. It assumes that you know a little about the scapegoat and the Day of Atonement which is described in Leviticus 16. Note that there are 2 goats presented to the temple, one sacrificed to cleanse the Holy of Holies and the other had the sins of the people cast upon it and then it was thrown out into the wilderness. Jesus was the sacrifice that cleansed the way for us to be in God's court and he took on the sins of the world for all time in the garden of Gethsemane. Remember that Jesus is the "Word made flesh" and his life and the things that he did/happened resemble the things in the Torah/Old Testament. Brother Stone builds talks about this idea a bit and then builds upon it. Feel free to pass this on if you feel so led.

Please go to this website, click on "download episodes" on the left hand side, and download #477 --> http://www.voe.org/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=93

No comments: