Disclaimer

Disclaimer: I am not a Biblical scholar. All my posts and comments are opinions and thoughts formulated through my current understanding of the Bible. I strive to speak of things that can be validated through Biblical Scriptures, and when I'm merely speculating, I make sure to note it. My views can be flawed, and I thus welcome any constructive perspectives and criticisms!

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

090412: meaning of the Gospels

sermon by Pastor Don Willeman

1 Corinthians 1:11

gospel = central message of Christainity; it is "good news"; an announcement of the end of moral system, of what it means to be human, of the resurrection of a human being

Christianity is thus NOT a religion, NOT a moral system

1. concern of the gospel
2. character of gospel: faith is the result of knowing the Truth
3. command of gospel

No comments: