Disclaimer

Disclaimer: I am not a Biblical scholar. All my posts and comments are opinions and thoughts formulated through my current understanding of the Bible. I strive to speak of things that can be validated through Biblical Scriptures, and when I'm merely speculating, I make sure to note it. My views can be flawed, and I thus welcome any constructive perspectives and criticisms!

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

090415: Genesis 4-6

Genesis 4 "Cain and Abel"
- God to Cain: "If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must master it."
- God to Cain: "If anyone kills Cain, he will suffer vengenance seven times over. Then the Lord put a mark on Cain so that no one who found him would kill him.
- the presence of "the others": 1) out of chronological order; 2) neantherthals; 3) women weren't usually recorded in history

Genesis 5 "From Adam to Noah"
Adam (930)
Seth (912)
Enosh (905)
Kenan (910)
Mahalalel (895)
Jared (962)
Enoch (365 -- walked with God; have not yet died)
Methuselah (969; name means "his death brings")
Lamech (777)
Noah

Genesis 6 "The Flood"
- The sons of od saw that the daughters of men were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose.
- The Lord was grieved that he had made man on the earth, and his heart was filled with pain. So the Lord said, "I will wipe mankind, whom I have created, from the face of the earth--men and animals, and creatures that move along the ground, and birds of the air--for I am grieved that I have made them."

No comments: