Disclaimer

Disclaimer: I am not a Biblical scholar. All my posts and comments are opinions and thoughts formulated through my current understanding of the Bible. I strive to speak of things that can be validated through Biblical Scriptures, and when I'm merely speculating, I make sure to note it. My views can be flawed, and I thus welcome any constructive perspectives and criticisms!

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Jesus is Coming

Bible Study with Pastor Terry Gray
Revelation 22:7-21

The book of Revelation motivates us to Christian living RIGHT NOW.

Activities we should do while we await the coming of God:

1. Remain faithful to the written Word of God

- Rely upon the written word of God as the ONLY infallible source of divine revelation, the ONLY source of absolute truth--we are to defend that and rely upon it; "These words are trustworthy and true," as said by the angel
- Adjust our life according to the Bible, not twisting the Bible to fit our lifestyle
- Defend/guard/preserve the word of God, for "blessed are those who keep the Word of God"
- Do the Word of God: practice what we preach!
- Proclaim the Word of God

2. Be worshippers of God

Do everything unto the Lord

3. Be kingdom workers

- We are servants of God
- We are to be involved in kingdom work, and while we wait for the return of Jesus, we should: pray, be vigilant witnesses, take part in mission work/get the gospel out!

No comments: