Disclaimer

Disclaimer: I am not a Biblical scholar. All my posts and comments are opinions and thoughts formulated through my current understanding of the Bible. I strive to speak of things that can be validated through Biblical Scriptures, and when I'm merely speculating, I make sure to note it. My views can be flawed, and I thus welcome any constructive perspectives and criticisms!

Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Spirit of Masada



Notes from Bible Study with Pastor Perry Stone
Matthew 24:2
2 Chronicles 24:20-21
Matthew 23:35
Matthew 24:16
Jesus predicted the destruction of the Temple in Jerusalem
Fortress of Masada: Jews would rather die than to worship anyone other than God; there is no option to become slaves to other gods
In 1964, the scroll Ezekiel 37 was uncovered in the excavation of Fortress Masada.

Two 6-day wars that brought together Israel:
War of Jericho (described in Joshua 6)
6-day war of 1967

Masada (= stronghold, the highest point in the area) is mentioned twice in the Bible
1 Samuel 23:14
Psalms 61:2

John 8:32
The spirit of Masada is knowing who we are, knowing what we stand for, and always, always, always stand up for what we believe in.

No comments: