Disclaimer

Disclaimer: I am not a Biblical scholar. All my posts and comments are opinions and thoughts formulated through my current understanding of the Bible. I strive to speak of things that can be validated through Biblical Scriptures, and when I'm merely speculating, I make sure to note it. My views can be flawed, and I thus welcome any constructive perspectives and criticisms!

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

081116: Justification by Grace

Sermon by Pastor Don Willeman

Romans 3:9-25
I. meaning of justification
a. to demonstrate or to prove to be just, right, valid
b. to declare something/someone free of blame; to absolve of guilt
c. a court room term whereby a judge declares a person to be righteous and to save the person from the punishment that the person would otherwise deserve

II. justification by grace
Romans 3: 24 "...for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, being justified as a gift by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus..."
thus, to be declared righteous by grace alone, through Faith alone, on account of Christ alone

III. implication of justification by grace
a. opens up a whole new world for us to be good, i.e. to change focus from self-centeredness to centeredness on other things
b. opens up a way to a more genuine fellowship

repentance: "I cannot make myself righteous and need the Grace of God"

No comments: