Disclaimer

Disclaimer: I am not a Biblical scholar. All my posts and comments are opinions and thoughts formulated through my current understanding of the Bible. I strive to speak of things that can be validated through Biblical Scriptures, and when I'm merely speculating, I make sure to note it. My views can be flawed, and I thus welcome any constructive perspectives and criticisms!

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

081123: The Discipline of Thanksgiving

Sermon by Markes Wilson

Hebrew 12:28-29
"Therefore, since we receive a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us show gratitude, by which we may offer to God an acceptable service with reverence and awe; for our God is a consuming fire."

- Our gratitude is not for something that we can achieve because we worked hard; our gratitude is received for something that no matter how hard we try, we can never achieve.

- It is our natural tendency to be thankless.

No comments: